- January: Global. Gathering of additional endorsements of 'A Nuclear-Weapon-Free World: Our Common Good', the joint statement of mayors, parliamentarians and religious leaders, in preparation for presentation to the new UN Secretary-General to support UN initiatives for nuclear disarmament.
- January 20: Vienna. PNND/UNFOLD ZERO consultation event on nuclear disarmament negotiations/deliberations in 2017-2018 (including preparations for the 2018 UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament) and on the draft Parliamentary Action Plan for a Nuclear-Weapon-Free World.
- January 23. Paris. Towards a New Nuclear Arms Race conference. French National Assembly. Organised with Initiatives pour le Desarmement Nucleaire and the Nuclear Threat Initiative. Contact Jean-Marie Collin, PNND France Coordinator.
- January 24: Global. Anniversary of the first UN Resolution, which was adopted by consensus. The resolution establishes the objective of the elimination of nuclear weapons and all other weapons of mass destruction.
- January 24: Geneva. PNND/UNFOLD ZERO consultation event on nuclear disarmament negotiations/deliberations in 2017-2018 (including preparations for the 2018 UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament) and on the draft Parliamentary Action Plan for a Nuclear-Weapon-Free World.
February 23-24: Vienna, Austria. Winter Session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
Feb 23-24: Porto, Portugal. Annual Session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean.
March 1: Marshall Islands and Global. Remembrance Day (for nuclear victims and survivors). Anniversary of the Bravo nuclear test in the Marshall Islands
March 7. PNND briefing and discussion on Nuclear risk-reduction measures, disarmament negotiations and the role of parliamentarians. Millbank House, House of Lords, London, UK. Hosted by PNND Co-President Baroness Sue Miller.
March 14. PNND seminar and discussion on Kazakhstan: from nuclear victim to abolition champion. Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh. Hosted by PNND Co-President Bill Kidd. Keynote speaker Marzhan Nurzhan (Kazakhstan), PNND Coordinator for CIS Countries.
March 27-31: New York. First session of UN negotiations for a nuclear prohibition treaty.
April 1-5: Dhaka, Bangladesh. 136th Assembly of the Inter Parliamentary Union.
Apr 3: PNND side event at the IPU Assembly: Nuclear-risk-reduction and achieving a nuclear-weapon-free world.
April 6-7: Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2017 PNND Assembly. Adoption of the Parliamentary Action Plan for a Nuclear-Weapon-Free World.
May 2-12: Vienna, Austria. Conference of States Parties to the NPT (Preparatory Meeting for the 2010 NPT Review Conference).
May 24: Global. Women's International Day for Peace and Disarmament.
May 26-29, Tbilisi, Georgia. NATO Parliamentary Assembly Spring Session.
June 19-July 7. New York. Second session of UN negotiations for a nuclear weapons prohibition treaty.
July 4-9: Minsk, Belarus. Annual Session of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly.
August 6: Hiroshima and Global. Anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
August 9: Nagasaki and Global. Anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Nagasaki.
August 29: Kazakhstan and Global. International Day Against Nuclear Tests. Anniversary of the closure of the Soviet nuclear test site in Kazakhstan.
September 21: Global. International Day for Peace.
September 26: Global. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. Civil society actions coordinated by UNFOLD ZERO.
October: New York. United Nations General Assembly First Committee (Disarmament and International Security)
PNND Calendar 2017
A list of key dates and events for 2017